Posted on Friday, June 8 2012 at 10am
We'll be celebrating Father's Day on 17th June! We've rounded up some of our favourite men's gift ideas, including some great freebies, so you can make something special for your dad this weekend...
Here are our favourite Father's Day projects on The Making Spot. As an extra treat, we've added links to some great freebies too!
1. Print & craft cards for dad - Make quirky cards with Kirsty Neales printables project.
2. Lovely labels - Quick and easy cross stitch labels for home and garden.
3. High tech holdall - Knit and felt a stylish laptop bag for a gadget-loving guy.
4. 6 gifts for dad - Knit a mug cosy, keyring, gadget cosy, mittens or scarf. These gifts will be great for birthdays or Christmas stocking fillers too.
5. Hobby cards - Cross stitch cards with fab golf, cricket, walking and music designs - he'll love them!
6. Vintage transport cards - Who could resist these nostalgic cross stitch cards? Check out the cars!
7. DIY cards - We love these funky cards from Cathie Shuttleworth, with handy templates to get you started.
8. Bottoms up! - Say 'cheers' in Irish, English and German with a set of cross stitched coasters.
9. Vintage travel poster - Okay, perhaps this project is a little too big to stitch in a week, but we adore the retro vibe of this Monaco travel poster. So chic!
10. Rugged rambler socks - Treat your dad to a pair of socks to keep him cosy on country walks.
Plus! Father's Day freebies for you:
Football card toppers
Time Together mini book
Free patterned papers - download, print & craft!
Manly card toppers
We've got lots more Father's Day inspiration on The Making Spot, including plenty of great card ideas. Whatever you're making, we'd love to hear about it - chat with us on Twitter and Facebook, or show off photos of your finished creations on The Making Spot's project pages!