Posted on Tuesday, July 17 2012 at 8am
From beach huts to seashells - reach for your stash & make it summery with our 10 favourite craft projects to knit, stitch, crochet or papercraft - all with a beach theme! Read more...
1. Sail away on a dream: cross stitch beach huts & sail boats - our set of cross stitch patterns by Angela Pool are perfect for giving bathrooms a nautical theme!
2. Sew up a simple tote bag - with Lesley Teare's On The Seashore project. Our PDF includes all the instructions for how to make this, plus a series of beachy cross stitch charts.
3. Beachcomber bag & wrist warmers - Amanda Crawford's knitting pattern (as seen in The Knitter) is perfect for trips to the seaside!
4. Light as a feather - knit up a lightweight top to keep off the summer breeze with this knititng pattern by Kirstie McLeod.
5. Beach Life Sign - stitch some sun even if it's raining outside with this cross stitch pattern by Maria Diaz. It's a great gift for seaside lovers or surf-obsessed teens in the family!
6. Beside the seaside - stitch a heart-shaped sachet complete with lighthouse - with this sailaway cross stitch pattern designed by Diane Machin.
7. Surf stripes bikini set - teens will love this knitted stripy bikini pattern by Ruth Maddock!
8. Make a splash with these cool surf cards - reach for your papercraft stash & try Angela Poole's surfer card ideas.
9. Hawaiian tropics cards - send some summer stitching in the post with these cross stitch patterns, designed by Jane Prutten.
10. Crochet a beach bag - try crochet with twine with this crochet pattern by Ruth Maddock.