Posted on Friday, August 3 2012 at 8am
From crochet patterns to felt friends, glass-painted-papercrafts and funky fabric - we've rounded up 10 of the best craft ideas for making your own Matryoshka magic! Read on to see our top 10 craft projects, inspired by the humble russian doll.
1. Hellooooo... Crochet russian doll amigurumi! Crochet pattern available from Handmade Kitty (we seriously suggest everyone should check out her amazing Flickr gallery of amigurumical fun).
2. All wrapped up - stitch this russian dolls hot water bottle cosie!
3. Matryoska printed cotton - found on Etsy
4. How to make a russian doll card using glass painting on acetate and our free tutorial.
5. Russian doll cross stitch pattern - from Sewing Seed on Etsy.
6. Matroyshka royalty free clip printables - from Clementine Digitals.
7. How to make felt russian dolls - found on The Yellow Buttercup blog.
8. Try the ever-so-clever Anita Mundt's Scrapbooking ideas inspired by Russian dolls
9. Russian doll tape - from Ivy Pink on Etsy. We're not EXACTLY sure what we'd use this for but we know we'd like some!
10. Matryoshka in simple cross stitch - Stitch dolls using our printable cross stitch pattern to add to this cute pencil case