Posted on Monday, February 6 2012 at 11am
We're not sure we can think up many more fun-excuses for a spot of crafting than valentine's day. So to celebrate the love-liest of crafty occasions, we've rounded up our favourite ways to make hearts, and set up a Valentines Craft-along group on Flickr for everyone to share a pic of what you're making this year. Read on to join in the fun.
• Cross stitch heart cards starring quick-stitch kitties & stylish swallows
• Go wild with our slightly-saucy valentines cross stitch card patterns
• Decorate heart-shaped apertures in your card fronts with our heart-filled card ideas
• Is your true love baking? If so ditch the cards & stitch up this sweet hearts cake band
• Reach for your embroidery kit - and sew-up a heart-topped gift box with love
• Share what’s in your heart - Make a special heart gift box that holds shaped mini album
• Perfect Pair - stitch up funky valentines cards - there's still a week to go!
• Stamp heart shapes on to your card fronts.
What are you making for valentines?
We'd love to see! Whatever you're making, if it's love or heart-themed, we want to see a pic! We've set up a Valentines Craftalong Flickr group for everyone to swap pics of their romantic makes. Share your photos today and we'll pick our favourite 5 photos & send their makers a free craft book prize! Plus we'll show off your makes here on the blog. To add a photo of your crafting, simply:
1. Visit our Valentines Craftalong group
2. Join the group
3. Add your photo!